Each division on Institute of Research and Community Services – University of Brawijaya (LPPM – UB) has research and service center that functionally formed based on the requirement. Every center has its head. Head of Functional Position Group for Research supervises/coordinates each research center, while Head of Functional Position Group for Community Services supervises/coordinates service center.
1. Maize Research Center
Maize Research Center – University of Brawijaya plays an active role in the development of education, research, and community services. It also launches the mission of conducting maize research comprehensively from on farm to off farm interdisciplines and innovatively oriented to develop competitiveness. Besides, it applies other research on education and entrepreneur with output & outcome utilization in community.
Scopes that will be observed:
- Maize Breeding
- Maize Cultivation
- Maize Pests and Diseases
- Social and Economic Issue on Maize
- Agricultural Technology Issue on Maize
- Maize Farming
- Cultural Use of Maize
2. Center Study of Geoscience and Hazard Mitigation
Center Study of Geoscience and Hazard Mitigation – University of Brawijaya plays an active role in geoscience and hazard mitigation problems such as natural & social disaster and disaster caused by human error. Furthermore, it also plays an active role in developing nation through education, research and community services.
Divisions at Center Study of Geoscience and Hazard Mitigation:
- Division of Natural Resources
- Division of Volcanoes
- Division of Floods and Landslide
- Division of Administration and Social
- Division of Earthquake and Tsunami
- Division of Geo Hydrometeorology
3. Center of Anti-Corruption Study
Center of Anti-Corruption Study-Brawijaya University plays an active role as a care institution for knowledge improvement that can give solution and contribution to corruption problem in Indonesia locally and globally.
Field activities in this center:
- Study and Research
- Technical Assistance and Training
- Workshop and Seminar
- Consultation and Mentoring
4. Center for Civilization Study
Center for Civilization Study focuses on the scope of study and research on civilizations, which are result of idea, will and work at higher elevations of national and earth civilization. Principally, Center for Civilization Study tries to dig the value and higher potential of nation for actualizing alternative value at nowadays and future.
5. Halal Thoyib Science Center
The scope of Halal Thoyib Science Center – Brawijaya University is to develop the value of knowledge and technology in order to produce healthy, save and halal food. This center is able to be Halal Authentication Institute which is needed by producers.
Field Activities of Halalan Thoyib:
- Food Processing
- Regulation, Law and System
6. Center of Research and Entrepreneurial for Atsiri Agroindustry (PUREAA)
Center of Research and Entrepreneurial for Atsiri Agroindustry (PUREAA) Brawijaya University takes a role in Atsiri Science such as research on tissue culture for developing superior plant seeds, research on handling plant disease, research on cultivation technique, research on method and technique of atsiri oil extraction, and formulation of atsiri oil finished product.
Mission of Center of Research and Entrepreneurial for Atsiri Agroindustry (PUREAA):
- To develop superior seeds and atsiri cultivation
- To develop process technology, design and contribution of distillation tools on commercial scale
- To develop technology for diversification, derivatization and purification of atsiri oil component
- To develop atsiri technopark for supporting Three Pillars of Higher Education and as Science ecotourism
- To develop partnerships with stakeholders in Atsiri field
- To empower community through Atsiri science
- To improve Indonesian competitiveness in atsiri field product in international level
7. Center for Tuber Crops Studies
Center for Tuber Crops Studies – Brawijaya University informs research results on tuber crops to community in order to help government effort in achieving food self-sufficiency as well as community welfare.
Scope of the study:
- Technology of Tuber Crops Cultivation
- Management of soil quality for preventing land degradation in sustained production
- Tuber crops breeding
- Tuber crops Agribusiness
- Improvement and provision of value added on tuber crops products
- Utilization of tuber crops other than cassava and sweet potato
8. Center for Culture and Frontier Studies (CCFS)
Center for Culture and Frontier Studies (CCFS) – Brawijaya University is a leading institution on research/development of culture studies, frontier issues and community services. Research center is required to play an active role for nation as well as for the development of world culture civilization based on diversity and humanity issues.
Objective of Center for Culture and Frontier Studies (CCFS):
- To be inter/multidisciplinary research study that strategic for study development, creative ideas, and analysis related to frontier problem solving (liminality issues) from social culture point of view.
- To make recommendations for stakeholders in determining strategic policy orientation.
- To develop science, humanities, and art in order to encourage culture development
- To be knot network for academics thought and reference of frontier study (liminality issues) & culture
9. Center of Gender Study (PSG)
Center of Gender Study – Brawijaya University has the objective to develop scientific gender study. It includes women study and research ability in the field of science and applied technology with its sensitivity and responsiveness to women gender. The purpose is to succeed in developing community to be fair, prosperous, save, peaceful, flourish, equitable and having gender equality in which women are human with their valence and dignity.
10. Center of Biosystem Study
Center of Biosystem Study, University of Brawijaya integrates a variety of field in basic science and applied science. For answering the complexity of biology system (biosystem), Center of Biosystem Study uses some approaches: Bioinformatics, Genomics, Proteomics and Molecular biology.
Scope of the study:
- Cardiovascular and Cancer Disease
- Function Nutrition
- Scientific Animation and Bioinformatics
11. Center of Living Environment Study (PSLH)
Center of Living Environment Study (PSLH), University of Brawijaya carries out the mission for performing research and community services dealing with holistic living environment management by involving stakeholders, supporting the establishment of world class Entrepreneurial University especially in the field of living environment and applicating good cooperate governance in order to create an independent, qualified, transparent, accountable, and responsible organization for controlling the process activities done by Center of Living Environment Study.
12. Center of Intellectual Property Rights
Center of Intellectual Property Rights, University of Brawijaya handles rights of intellectual property related to property that rise because of human intellectual capacity in the form of discovery in technology, science, art and literature.
Center of Intellectual Property Rights gives services on the following field:
- Patent technology;
- Brands and Trade Secret:;
- Copyright and Industry design;
- Layout Design of Integrated Circuit;
- Research on Regional IPRs Potential;
- Consultation, Socialization, and IPRs Training;
- Registration/Protection of IPRs;
- Advocacy of IPRs Case;
- Protection of Plant Varieties with Geographical Indication.
13. Research Center for Advanced System and Material Technology
Research Center for Advanced System and Material Technology, University of brawijaya has the mission for:
- Developing science in advanced system and material
- Creating new technologies based on developed science
- Applicate the technologies on engineering for fulfilling local and global need (entrepreneurship)
Center of Marine and Coastal Studies, University of Brawijaya has the principal task to coordinate and optimize the activity and contribution of UB Civitas Academics in developing and applicating Science for supporting utilization and management of marine and coastal region & resources in sharp-witted and sustainable way. The activities and contribution are related to:
- Utilization and management concept
- Intermediate technology
- Education and Training
- Community empowerment
- Partnership network
15. Research Center and Development of Indonesian Porang (Amorphophallus Muelleri Blume)
This center holds research on:
- Research and assessment of porang commodity from multi scientific discipline
- Education and training of porang technology development
- Give consultation service and mentoring for stakeholders which operates in culture, processing and marketing.
- Scientific information dissemination (seminar and training)
- Conducting international partnership with Konjac research center at overseas through academic exchange activities
- Industry development of porang-based in Indonesia
- Consultation and mentoring for stakeholders (industry, local government, etc.)
16. Center for Pesantren and Community Development Studies
Center for Pesantren and Community Development Studies, University of Brawijaya has the objective to:
- Promote Islam as friendly and rahmatan lil alamin religion in the frame of Indonesian diversity and unity.
- Review the relation between pesantren and its role in community, and significant changes in pesantren community whether in sociology, economy, politics, culture, health and science
- Make service programs by utilizing knowledge generated by campus for improving pesantren and community quality
17. Center of Local Food Development Study
The scopes assessed by Center of Local Food Development Study, University of Brawijaya are research in revealing local product potential as higher health-valued foodstuff. The scopes of local food development are:
- Utilization of local resources for food
- Utilization of local resources for bioactive compound
- Development of food for health
- Improvement of local food quality and safety
- Sociocultural aspect of new foodstuff
- Application of research result on local food development
18. Center for Energy and Natural Resources Studies
- To develop and implement efficient and effective research program for developing science and technology on energy and natural resources
- To develop and implement service program to community by using community empowerment principal
- To form partnerships with various institution both government and private in developing science and technology
The following research areas are directed for managing degraded and mining lands.
- Topography landscape
- Land and water quality
- Ecosystem structure and function
- Environmental, economics, social, and health impact of degraded and mining lands
- The duty of short-term scientific exchange to related station and each member institution laboratorium
- Partnership research project done totally and partly in every institutions
- Joint participation in seminar, workshop and training in each institutions
- Joint publication
- Other activities as agreed, such as topics related to environmental, economics, social and health impact of degraded and mining lands
<<SK Rektor PUSLIT>>