Each division on Institute of Research and Community Services – University of Brawijaya (LPPM – UB) has research and service center that functionally formed based on the requirement. Every center has its head. Head of Functional Position Group for Research supervises/coordinates each research center, while Head of Functional Position Group for Community Services supervises/coordinates service center.
1. Maize Research Center
Maize Research Center – University of Brawijaya plays an active role in the development of education, research, and community services. It also launches the mission of conducting maize research comprehensively from on farm to off farm interdisciplines and innovatively oriented to develop competitiveness. Besides, it applies other research on education and entrepreneur with output & outcome utilization in community.
Scopes that will be observed:
- Maize Breeding
- Maize Cultivation
- Maize Pests and Diseases
- Social and Economic Issue on Maize
- Agricultural Technology Issue on Maize
- Maize Farming
- Cultural Use of Maize
2. Center Study of Geoscience and Hazard Mitigation
Center Study of Geoscience and Hazard Mitigation – University of Brawijaya plays an active role in geoscience and hazard mitigation problems such as natural & social disaster and disaster caused by human error. Furthermore, it also plays an active role in developing nation through education, research and community services.
Divisions at Center Study of Geoscience and Hazard Mitigation:
- Division of Natural Resources
- Division of Volcanoes
- Division of Floods and Landslide
- Division of Administration and Social
- Division of Earthquake and Tsunami
- Division of Geo Hydrometeorology
3. Center of Anti-Corruption Study
Center of Anti-Corruption Study-Brawijaya University plays an active role as a care institution for knowledge improvement that can give solution and contribution to corruption problem in Indonesia locally and globally.
Field activities in this center:
- Study and Research
- Technical Assistance and Training
- Workshop and Seminar
- Consultation and Mentoring
4. Center for Civilization Study
Center for Civilization Study focuses on the scope of study and research on civilizations, which are result of idea, will and work at higher elevations of national and earth civilization. Principally, Center for Civilization Study tries to dig the value and higher potential of nation for actualizing alternative value at nowadays and future.
5. Halal Thoyib Science Center
The scope of Halal Thoyib Science Center – Brawijaya University is to develop the value of knowledge and technology in order to produce healthy, save and halal food. This center is able to be Halal Authentication Institute which is needed by producers.
Field Activities of Halalan Thoyib:
- Food Processing
- Regulation, Law and System
6. Center for Tuber Crops Studies
Center for Tuber Crops Studies – Brawijaya University informs research results on tuber crops to community in order to help government effort in achieving food self-sufficiency as well as community welfare.
Scope of the study:
- Technology of Tuber Crops Cultivation
- Management of soil quality for preventing land degradation in sustained production
- Tuber crops breeding
- Tuber crops Agribusiness
- Improvement and provision of value added on tuber crops products
- Utilization of tuber crops other than cassava and sweet potato
7. Center for Culture and Frontier Studies (CCFS)
Center for Culture and Frontier Studies (CCFS) – Brawijaya University is a leading institution on research/development of culture studies, frontier issues and community services. Research center is required to play an active role for nation as well as for the development of world culture civilization based on diversity and humanity issues.
Objective of Center for Culture and Frontier Studies (CCFS):
- To be inter/multidisciplinary research study that strategic for study development, creative ideas, and analysis related to frontier problem solving (liminality issues) from social culture point of view.
- To make recommendations for stakeholders in determining strategic policy orientation.
- To develop science, humanities, and art in order to encourage culture development
- To be knot network for academics thought and reference of frontier study (liminality issues) & culture
8. Center of Gender Study (PSG)
Center of Gender Study – Brawijaya University has the objective to develop scientific gender study. It includes women study and research ability in the field of science and applied technology with its sensitivity and responsiveness to women gender. The purpose is to succeed in developing community to be fair, prosperous, save, peaceful, flourish, equitable and having gender equality in which women are human with their valence and dignity.
9. Center of Biosystem Study
Center of Biosystem Study, University of Brawijaya integrates a variety of field in basic science and applied science. For answering the complexity of biology system (biosystem), Center of Biosystem Study uses some approaches: Bioinformatics, Genomics, Proteomics and Molecular biology.
Scope of the study:
- Cardiovascular and Cancer Disease
- Function Nutrition
- Scientific Animation and Bioinformatics
10. Center of Living Environment Study (PSLH)
Center of Living Environment Study (PSLH), University of Brawijaya carries out the mission for performing research and community services dealing with holistic living environment management by involving stakeholders, supporting the establishment of world class Entrepreneurial University especially in the field of living environment and applicating good cooperate governance in order to create an independent, qualified, transparent, accountable, and responsible organization for controlling the process activities done by Center of Living Environment Study.
11. Research Center for Advanced System and Material Technology
Research Center for Advanced System and Material Technology, University of brawijaya has the mission for:
- Developing science in advanced system and material
- Creating new technologies based on developed science
- Applicate the technologies on engineering for fulfilling local and global need (entrepreneurship)
Center of Marine and Coastal Studies, University of Brawijaya has the principal task to coordinate and optimize the activity and contribution of UB Civitas Academics in developing and applicating Science for supporting utilization and management of marine and coastal region & resources in sharp-witted and sustainable way. The activities and contribution are related to:
- Utilization and management concept
- Intermediate technology
- Education and Training
- Community empowerment
- Partnership network
13. Research Center and Development of Indonesian Porang (Amorphophallus Muelleri Blume)
This center holds research on:
- Research and assessment of porang commodity from multi scientific discipline
- Education and training of porang technology development
- Give consultation service and mentoring for stakeholders which operates in culture, processing and marketing.
- Scientific information dissemination (seminar and training)
- Conducting international partnership with Konjac research center at overseas through academic exchange activities
- Industry development of porang-based in Indonesia
- Consultation and mentoring for stakeholders (industry, local government, etc.)
14. Center for Pesantren and Community Development Studies
Center for Pesantren and Community Development Studies, University of Brawijaya has the objective to:
- Promote Islam as friendly and rahmatan lil alamin religion in the frame of Indonesian diversity and unity.
- Review the relation between pesantren and its role in community, and significant changes in pesantren community whether in sociology, economy, politics, culture, health and science
- Make service programs by utilizing knowledge generated by campus for improving pesantren and community quality
15. Center of Local Food Development Study
The scopes assessed by Center of Local Food Development Study, University of Brawijaya are research in revealing local product potential as higher health-valued foodstuff. The scopes of local food development are:
- Utilization of local resources for food
- Utilization of local resources for bioactive compound
- Development of food for health
- Improvement of local food quality and safety
- Sociocultural aspect of new foodstuff
- Application of research result on local food development
16. Center for Energy and Natural Resources Studies
- To develop and implement efficient and effective research program for developing science and technology on energy and natural resources
- To develop and implement service program to community by using community empowerment principal
- To form partnerships with various institution both government and private in developing science and technology
The following research areas are directed for managing degraded and mining lands.
- Topography landscape
- Land and water quality
- Ecosystem structure and function
- Environmental, economics, social, and health impact of degraded and mining lands
- The duty of short-term scientific exchange to related station and each member institution laboratorium
- Partnership research project done totally and partly in every institutions
- Joint participation in seminar, workshop and training in each institutions
- Joint publication
- Other activities as agreed, such as topics related to environmental, economics, social and health impact of degraded and mining lands
18. Research Center for Degenerative Diseases
Degenerative disease is a chronic disease that greatly affects the quality of life and productivity of a person. Degenerative diseases that are commonly found in geriatric patients are cardiovascular disease (AMI), infection, Diabetes Mellitus (DM), joint and bone disease (osteoarthritis), Stroke (CVA), Neurological Disorders (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s), Cancer (Prostate, Cervix). , Chronic Obstructive Diseases, Digestive Disorders (Gastritis), and Eyes (Cataracts, Glaucoma, ARMD)
- Increasing the implementation of research aimed at the study of degenerative diseases which includes the study group atherothrombosis, herbal medicine, and Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
- Providing educational and research facilities as well as developing facilities for community service
- To become a forum for researchers related to degenerative diseases and relevant to the study groups in the research center, namely the atherothrombosis study group, the herbal medicine study group, and the Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) study group.
19. Study Center for Tourism
The scope of the study is the development of conservation-based tourism
- Conservation of Spices and Herbs in Traditional Communities in Banyuwangi Regency, East Java
- Kaleka (traditional garden) management in the Dayak community in Kapuas, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Evaluation of the potential for ecotourism in Indonesia
- Planning for nature-based tourism in East Java: biodiversity conservation and sustainable tourism
- Evaluation of cultural landscapes in Tengger, East Java, Indonesia
20. Research Center for Legal Design and Public Policy
The scope of the study is legal drafting, public policies that are already in force, currently applicable and will be applicable
- Research on the Quality of Legislation
- Research on the Decision of the State Administrative Court related to the request to cancel the decision
- Research on Compliance of Multinational Companies Against Cooperation Contracts
- Research on the Quality of Local Regulations
- Public Policy Research
- Providing education and training for the preparation and drafting of laws and regulations
- Normative or empirical research on statutory regulations from the aspects of theory, preparation techniques, and effectiveness of its implementation
- Dissemination of academic papers and draft laws and regulations
- Dissemination of research results to increase public legal awareness and development of legal science
- Dissemination of ideas on legislation and constitutional science
21. Center for Criminal Justice System Research Development (PERSADA)
The criminal justice system in general, the juvenile criminal justice system, corruption, studies of women and children
- Every year Persada researchers conduct various interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research related to the criminal justice system
- Collaboration with various parties, namely: Malang Police, Attorney General’s Office, KPK, NGOs / NGOs (WCC: Dian Mutiara) etc.
- Implementing the MoU with the Malang and National law enforcement officials under the direction and guidance of the Head of LPPM and the Rector of UB
- Increase research publications and community service both on a national and international scale
22. Porsmouth Brawijaya Center for Global, Health, Population and Policy
The scope of the areas studied includes Global Health, Population Studies, and Policy Analysis.
- Providing research scholarships to at least one doctoral student from UB to UoP every year. In 2016, the executive secretary of the PB Center was accepted as a doctoral student at Global Health and Soial Work at UoP with a collaborative research scholarship funded by the British government.
- Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF) Collaboration on Interdisciplinary Research Hubs to Address Intractable Challenges Faced by Developing Countries with several countries such as the UK, India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, South Africa, Kenya, Bangladesh, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Hong Kong, China and Malaysia
- British Council Newton Fund Institutional Link Award Collaboration, is a funding collaboration provided by the British Council to the University of Portmouth and Brawijaya University. This collaboration includes research collaborations with organizations and institutions in Indonesia, developing research programs related to the socio-economic impact of women’s migration on families left behind and developing training programs for qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Procurement of the international conference Sputh-East Asia Conference on Population and Health organized by Brawijaya University, University of Portsmouth, and BKKBN Indonesia in 2018
23. Research Center for Village Development
The center for village development studies focuses on policy studies and village development processes
- Study on the master plan for integrated economic development in Blitar Regency, East Java
- Study of natural resource economics
- Historical review of the socio-cultural existence of indigenous peoples in the context of village decentralization
24. Research Center for Smart Molecule of natural Genetics Resource
The scope of the Smart Molecule of Natural Genetics Resource (SMONAGENES) study includes Nutrigenomics / Nutrigenetics, Pharmacogenomics, local and native Indonesian Nutfah plasma genomes.
- The Smart Molecule of Natural Genetics Resource (SMONAGENES) aims to create an integrated, efficient, effective and open research management system with a clear vision and mission including increasing scientific publications, patenting research products, collaborating with other parties. outside the National and International, and proper marketing management, competitive and high competitiveness
- The SMONAGENES Research Center is active in community service that drives the empowerment of village communities as Food Independent Villages, education and school training for Teachers and Students in enriching Natural Science materials
- Research collaborations established by the SMONAGENES Study Center in various fields include the field of Molecular Developmental Biology with Hiroshima University, Japan, the Field of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry as well as joint guidance in research carried out with Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand, collaboration in the fields of Animal Genetic and Meabolic Disease conducted jointly with Niigata University, in the field of Biological Science, Bioinformatics and Biomedical Science conducted with Massey University, New Zealand, The University of Auckland, New Zealand and Ritsumeikan University
- Research Collaboration Joint publication on reputable international journals has been established by the UB SMONAGENES Research Center, both at home and abroad. Joint publications that have been carried out domestically include the Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta; Lambung Mangkurat University, Banjarmasin; Andalas University, Padang; Jember University, Jember; Jenderal Soedirman University, Syiah Kuala University, Aceh; Ulin Banjarmasin Hospital and Saiful Anwar Hospital
- Products from the SMONAGENES Research Center are health nutrition-based products that are already running, namely health and beauty cosmetic products (Nutrilux) with natural ingredients of vegetable oil and goat’s milk, so this product has an advantage.
25. Pusat Studi Alga dan Lingkungan
26. Pusat Studi Kardiovaskular
<< PUSLIT Rector’s Decree >>